Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

easter baking

I wonder how bunnies first got associated with Easter. But anyway, they are way too cute not to be included.
This was my first layer mini cakes.. I wanted to make those little pretty cakes you find in hotels for high tea.. or so was my approach.. ;P I have to constantly remind myself that I have extremely limited skills in cake decorating, I did not go to culinary school nor had any pastry making classes..So, I'd better keep it simple..and baked these japanese sponge cheesecake.. layered with lemon curd cream..

The lemon curd cream was accidental, I first wanted to combine the japanese cheesecake with light vanilla custard. but somehow.. I find egg yolks from the custard overshadowed the cheese flavor.. so in the bin they go..
After flipping through my baking recipe books.. I found this yummy recipe for lemon curd.. yet I wanted a fluffy,creamy,fragrantly fruity and light flavored filling.. after adding cream and a few other ingredients.. I was happy with my lemon curd cream recipe discovery.. ^^ *slurp*
japanese spongecake with lemon curd cream

mini layered cakes


easter egg bunny cake

No comments:

Post a Comment