Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Natural pink coloring.. Dragron fruit..

When baking, I like to use as much as natural ingredients as I could.. so one time instead of using edible coloring, I squeezed up some dragron fruit, and got myself a nice pink coloring.. it worked almost like normal food coloring, except they are100% natural ^^ and the best thing about working with dragronfruits.. they are sweet and doesn't have that funky smell/flavor.. plus purely healthy! 
These are pictures of a dragronfruit farm my family visited sometime earlier this year, located in Rancamaya, Bogor.. we were given some of the plant home & had it planted in our backyard.. I wonder if they are bearing fruits by now.. hmm..


the plant looked a lot like cactus..
my Aunties picking up some fruits..

the farm ride..

ok, i just had to post this pic.. ;P It's what we indonesians call
"makanan merakyat" -nasi goreng + teh botol + aqua.. ;P
nasi goreng is an indonesian signature dish for all class (you can find them at road-side vendors to 5stars hotel)
This was cooked by an award winning chef of a cooking show.. ain't so bad for farm food ;P *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment